Our Background - Our Background PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 17 September 2013 02:35
Article Index
Our Background
Our History (cont.)
All Pages

 

 

At the foundation stage of Kasetsart University on 2 February BE 2486 (AD 1943), the Faculty of Cooperatives was one of the first four faculties that were joined together to become Kasetsart University. They were: Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Cooperatives, Faculty of Forestry, and Faculty of Fishery. At that time, the Faculty of Cooperatives conducted teaching at a building of the Department of Cooperatives, which was located near the palace of Prince Jullajakapong at Thatian, Bangkok. The educational system of the Faculty of Cooperatives at that time was divided into four departments:


Department of Cooperatives

Department of Economics and Social Science

Department of Accounting

Department of Law.

 

Later, in order to extend and provide greater educational opportunities to all Thai citizens and to meet the need for economic and the social development of Thailand, the structure of the Faculty of Cooperatives changed and was adapted many times and the name of the Faculty of Cooperatives was changed many times as follows:

Faculty of Cooperatives (February, BE 2486 or AD 1943)

Faculty of Cooperatives and Economics (June, BE 2495 or AD 1952) under this name it consisted of three departments: Department of Cooperatives, Department of Economics, and Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.

Faculty of Economics and Cooperatives (May, BE 2499 or AD 1956) under this name it still consisted of three departments: Department of Cooperatives, Department of Economics, and Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics

Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (March, BE 2509 or AD 1966) under this name it consisted of four Departments: Department of Cooperatives, Department of Economics, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, and Department of Business Administration

Faculty of Economics (December BE 2535 or AD 1992) during this period, the Department of Business Administration was separated to establish a new faculty named the Faculty of Business Administration. The Faculty of Economics thus consisted of three departments: Department of Cooperatives, Department of Economics, and Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.

 

From the above adjustments, commencing from BE 2535 or AD 1992, the Department of Cooperatives has changed their name and status from a Faculty level to be a departmental level and it is one of the three departments that were put together to become the Faculty of Economics. Though there has been a downsizing of the name, the quality of their teaching and learning has continued to improve both in structure and brand name.

 




 

Visitors

mod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_counter
mod_vvisit_counterToday7
mod_vvisit_counterYesterday26
mod_vvisit_counterThis week61
mod_vvisit_counterLast week87
mod_vvisit_counterThis month319
mod_vvisit_counterLast month545
mod_vvisit_counterSince Sept. 201314260

Online (20 minutes ago): 2
Your IP: 54.225.36.143
,
Today: Nov 22, 2017

Coop. Movements

Mailing address :  50 Ngam Wong Wan Rd., Lat Yao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 THAILAND
E-mail address : coop_ku@ku.ac.th
Tel&Fax : +66 0 2561-3468

Mailing address :  50 Ngam Wong Wan Rd., Lat Yao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 THAILAND
E-mail address : coop_ku@ku.ac.th
Tel&Fax : +66 0 2561-3468